1.02.2008

new year’s wrap-up

standout moments of the year: watching the sunrise over Lake Superior with Evie and Jeremy; having the entire family together on Christmas Eve; learning a new fantastic board game (settlers of catan); the look on Evie’s face when we brought Beans home; the warm reviews and good “sales” numbers for my book.

new additions: dog (Beans!), niece Autumn, nephew Luke

preggo pals: at least 5!

people getting new last names: three (Maggie, Amanda and Courtney) wonderful ladies with three equally wonderful partners!

lesson learned: relationships are hard. but not nearly as hard as we make them.

happiness meter: through the roof!

books of the year: “On Beauty” (Zadie Smith), “One Hundred Years of Solitude” (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)

random surprises: deciding 4 months ago to vote for Ron Paul; finding out I was written into a will; being a house-wife

not-so-surprises: I hate doing laundry;

sporting disappointments: Tigers not making the playoffs (but I’m still proud of my boys!); I’d say something about the Lions, but I’m just grateful for the 7 wins.

things that will just never change: my hate-hate relationship with Tom Brady/U-M football; Lions (see above)

friends and family thank yous: to everyone. I am difficult, I know. but thanks for listening, and letting me lean on you.

resurgent favorites: family guy reruns (thanks, tbs!); making lists/group blogging with the girls; coloring with crayons (after Evie is in bed!)

resolutions: be less uptight (i.e. bitchy) and judgmental; write more; stop smoking/get into marathon shape; write actual letters; play more softball this summer; read over 70 books; give yoga a fourth chance; be more patient.

No comments: