8.31.2008

in the name of baseball and bobby higginson

my extensive research (read: google) (compiled for baseball love poems) led me to this gem:

"Hitting is all muscle memory," says Higginson . "Your mind absorbs things and transmits them to your muscles." He thinks he may have learned that in Psych 101. "It definitely wasn't in calculus," he says.


and another, from the same article:

"I'd rather throw out a guy at home than hit a home run," says Higginson , who has done that seven times in the last two seasons. "Nail a guy at the plate, and all the momentum swings to your side."


oh, higgy, where are you now? probably fat and balding and knocking up another stripper. becoming an anti-legend.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I have such a man-crush on Kirk Gibson -- I guess it would be a boy's crush on a man -- that I can't even think about Higgy, just Gibby.

"Visualize how you felt in '96 when you were really rakin'. You've got to feel the feel." What a beautiful man.