10.25.2008

you are my sunshine

evie wanted to sleep in my bed and "look at the stars" before night-time song fun tonight. by look at the stars, she meant look at the glow-in-the-dark sticker that are on the ceiling.

at the same time i let her request songs.

along with the standards--"twinkle, twinkle little star", "the itsy-bitsy spider" and "the wheels on the bus"--she requested:

"fire and rain", james taylor
"someday god's gonna cut you down", johnny cash ("mom, he means god's going to cut down your tree")
"you are my sunshine", johnny cash & bob dylan

touching, swoon-tastic moment of the year: evie sang me her own version of "sunshine":

you are my mommy
my only mommy
you make me happy
when skies are blue
you'll never know dear
how much i love you
please don't take my mommy away

she then sang a song about seeing stars that are pointed like diamonds and holding them in her hands, and another about a door that opens and shuts in the sky.

i am lucky.

No comments: