1.13.2007

oooo, baby, baby, it's a wild world

my younger brother, anthony, is now in germany with the army. he's 18. i just found out he has a scheduled deployment for late 2008. uggh. let me do a little counting for you: since my sister joined the military in 1998, along with her then husband:

she was in korea for 1 year
he was in korea for one year
she was in iraq for 1 year

her new husband, brent, has:
been to iraq 2 times (one year each)
afghanistan once (1 year)

then her ex-husband (my old high school best friend) went to iraq for one year.

now anthony.

this is exhausting. when my sister went to iraq in 2003 (as part of the invasion) i literally lost 20 pounds immediately, then another 10 or so even after she came home. the only thing that saved me from probably looking like an olsen twin was getting pregnant.

i don't mean to sound whiny...but i really loathe this. i know i can't control what my siblings do with their lives, but i sometimes hate living with the consequences too.

No comments: