3.28.2006

america!

check out this random blog i found a few minutes ago.

it reminds me a bit of the allen ginsberg poem "america".

i have a distinct, imagined news-reel-like image running in my brain right now, of a disgruntled (foreign?) man shouting these posts out at crowds of oblivious americans. much like the overzealous religious preacher man of wells hall fame (at michigan state). [aside: the wells hall man once told me i was "headed for hell, ma'am" on my way to calculus class. ]

i'm going to keep pushing the random button; i'll keep you all informed of my findings.

10-4.

2 comments:

amanda kay said...

makes me want to pull out my walt whitman rhetoric...which frankly i've been wanting to do lately anyway.

one of the things i can say for my former significant other: he had an interest in the creative individual and learning about them, how they worked and interacted with others, and i do truly miss his constant prodding to be on the lookout for it.

angela said...

it almost reminds me of the poets ostracized for their politics/poetics--thomas mcgrath and robinson jeffers come to mind first.

i'm intrigued by this strangeness. we'll see what comes of it.